Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2014

Moon of My Life...


My husband and I are “late-comers” to the exciting and extremely popular TV series, “Game of Thrones.” Over the past few years that it’s been on TV, we’ve both separately and unknowingly tried to watch an episode or two and were both left with the idea that it really seemed like a great show, but we had no clue what was going on. Naturally, we just didn’t try to watch it again.

The fact of the matter is that this is a series that you really must see from the very beginning in order to understand it all. (Cautionary note here: This is most definitely a ‘Rated R’ series.)

Because of recent events in our lives (which I will refer to later), my husband and I decided last Spring to watch the series together beginning with Episode One to try to catch up…and catch up we did! In fact, we caught up and are now among those with “game-of-thrones-withdrawal syndrome!” Seriously, we caught up during the last season and found ourselves having to wait from week to week to see what happened next just like everyone else. That was not fun.

Basically, when we were “catching up,” we would find ourselves watching two or more episodes at a time, and sometimes (even late at night) would make the decision to watch “just one more!” The series is that good.

We were so immersed in the show that I began calling my husband, “Moon of my life… My sun and my stars.” This is a line that one of the leading actresses called her husband. At one time I started calling him “My Lion,” but when “what’s-her-name” betrayed “what’s-his-name” (I’ll not give away the plot here), I dropped that one like a hot potato!

My husband and I have always had pet names for each other, so my calling him these things really isn’t as strange as it might seem to others. He calls me his “Angel,” and also, lovingly, his “Princess PITA” – an acronym that I just won’t go into at this point. (But you might be able to figure that one out fairly easily!)

The reason we began watching this series together is because my husband has developed a health issue that may stay the same for a while, may advance slowly, or may advance rapidly. We just really don’t know.

What we do know is that we are spending much more time together - quality time that is anxiously wanted by each of us. None of us ever knows what tomorrow will bring.

I’m writing about this in my Writing Blog because this is the place that I chose to write down my “thoughts on life, family, and a whole bunch of other stuff.”

These are my thoughts right now:

“Moon of my life…My sun and my stars.” How will I live when those glorious and wondrously glowing lights begin to flicker out and finally dim forever?


@2014 Copyright by Carla Love Maitland

6 comments:

  1. So bittersweet my friend. Your so right. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am keeping you in my thoughts. You are so fortunate to have someone to share the precious moments....whether they are short lived or long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marti. I appreciate your sweet words.. The moments are indeed precious.

      Delete
  3. You, my dear Princess PITA, will live every day to its fullest and be grateful for the precious moments you spend with your soul mate. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete